7 ways to light up the kitchen
You will discover the secrets to transform your kitchen into an illuminated and welcoming space. We explain seven ways to light up your kitchen to make the difference between a functional kitchen and a kitchen that really dazzles.
If you would like personalised advice for your new kitchen project, we invite you to visit our kitchen showroom in Estepona and have a chat with one of our professional team. Based on your preferences and requirements we can propose different solutions that will captivate you.
Ways to light up the kitchen
As we have mentioned, there are several ways to light a kitchen, each with its own characteristics and advantages. Here are the most common options:
- General or ambient lighting: This is the main lighting in the kitchen that provides uniform light throughout the space. It is achieved through ceiling lights, such as pendant lights, ceiling lights or recessed spotlights. General lighting is ideal for everyday tasks, such as cooking and cleaning, as it illuminates the entire kitchen evenly.
- Work area lighting: This type of lighting focuses on specific areas where tasks such as cutting food, reading recipes or working at the worktop are carried out. It can be achieved by lights under overhead cabinets, recessed lights in the worktop or strategically placed lamps.
- Accent lighting: Used to highlight decorative elements or special features in the kitchen. They can be directed towards a specially finished wall, a display cabinet with decorative tableware or a breakfast bar. Accent lighting adds a visually appealing touch and highlights specific design details.
- LED lights: They are a popular choice because of their energy efficiency, durability and their ability to highlight certain spaces or design lines. They can be used for different types of lighting, such as general, task or accent lighting. In addition, LED strips are ideal for illuminating shelves, display cases, furniture and areas that require softer light.
- Natural lighting: Whenever possible, make the most of natural light to illuminate a kitchen. Opt for large, unobstructed windows to allow natural light in during the day. This not only creates a more pleasant atmosphere, but can also help reduce the need for artificial lighting.
- Dimmers: These are light dimmers and are an excellent option for controlling the brightness in the kitchen. They allow you to adjust the intensity of the light according to your needs and the ambience you want to create. In kitchens that open onto the living room they help to create the perfect ambience.
- Decorative lights: To add a touch of style and personality to the kitchen, you can opt for decorative lights, such as pendant lights with eye-catching designs or original ceiling lights. There are plenty of options to help you put the icing on the cake in your new kitchen.
Combining different types of lighting
Rather than sticking to just one option, the key is to combine different types of lighting to create a functional and pleasant atmosphere in your kitchen.
In addition, it is important to consider the colour temperature of the lights, as warmer lights can create a cosy atmosphere, while cooler lights can provide a sharper and more comfortable light to work with.
Do you want to transform your kitchen into a charming corner that stands out both for its beauty and practicality? At Design Kitchen we want to accompany you on this journey towards the perfect lighting for your kitchen.
Prepare to marvel at the many ways to bring this essential space in your home to life!
Contact us today, schedule your appointment and, if you wish, bring a dossier or pendrive with the ideas you have been collecting on websites, social networks, reviews, etc. Taking into account your ideas and the characteristics of your kitchen, we can make different proposals.