Modern open plan kitchen design in Marbella
Modern American kitchens are an excellent option for those who are looking for a spacious and functional style in their home. Do you want an American kitchen design in Marbella or Estepona? Contact us and we will advise you.
We see modern American kitchens all the time in American films and TV series. They are also known as open kitchens. They are very common there because a large part of the population lives in houses with more space to create this union between the kitchen and the living room or dining room.
They have become increasingly popular in recent years because of their more family or sociable style, and because the integration of open spaces is very attractive.
Below we go into more detail about the modern american kitchen design and its characteristics. If you would like us to advise you in a more personalised way about the design of your kitchen, do not hesitate to contact us or visit our kitchen shop in Estepona.
Features of a modern American kitchen
The modern American kitchen is an increasingly popular choice for those looking for a space in their home that combines style and functionality. The main characteristics of this style would be the following:
- A modern open plan kitchen is characterised by a feeling of spaciousness and fluidity. Instead of having a traditional separation between the kitchen and the living room, the kitchen is integrated into the living room space, creating a sense of openness with the rest of the house.
- Choose quiet appliances, although they may increase the budget slightly, they are perfect for not interfering when we are watching TV or sharing a table with other people.
- One of the most important elements of a modern American kitchen is the kitchen island. The island is a centrepiece in the kitchen, providing additional space for cooking, eating or spending time with friends or family.
- The extractor fan will be another key piece. If the aim is to cook on the island, it is essential to plan the placement of an extractor fan that is more or less eye-catching depending on the style that we are going to give to the kitchen.
- In terms of style, it really can be adapted to any style. In cities such as New York, minimalism with neutral colours or an industrial look is popular. On the other hand, in other regions such as the West Coast, minimalism combined with stone or marble and good lighting works well, as well as classic or rustic styles.
- Last but not least, lighting is a key factor in creating a modern American kitchen. It should be carefully chosen and positioned to create a welcoming feel. The lighting at the kitchen island, for example, should be bright to facilitate food preparation, while in other areas it can be more subdued and relaxing.
Trends in modern American kitchen design
The world of kitchens is constantly changing and many styles can be combined. However, here are some of the most popular trends in modern American kitchen design:
- Minimalist design. Where clean lines and simple materials prevail to create an elegant, fresh and sophisticated space.
- Natural materials. Natural materials are another trend in modern American kitchen design. Natural stone countertops or the use of wood are popular choices to give a touch of texture and warmth to the space. At Design Kitchen we work with high quality suppliers such as Leicht or Ebony Furniture.
- Dark colours. Dark tones such as navy blue, black or dark green are a way to add depth and a different touch to the kitchen design.
- Lighting. As mentioned above, lighting is key to the design of a kitchen space. Open-plan kitchens tend to be well lit, but are often complemented with recessed lighting to illuminate the kitchen island. Or, depending on the style, pendant lights can also be a great idea.
- Display cabinets with or without lighting, since we have the kitchen on view, it can also be interesting to have transparent doors to display crockery, bottles or any other decorative element.
If you are thinking of renovating or designing your kitchen from scratch, do not hesitate to contact us. At Design Kitchen we have professionals with years of experience who will advise you on trends in this type of kitchen and how to design the perfect kitchen taking into account your needs and tastes.
Send us the form below and we’ll get in touch to shape your new kitchen project!